We think it’s important that you take pleasure in your work. That’s why we offer you the chance to engage in a wide of variety in activities. And if we see that you have the right skills, you’ll also have the freedom to work independently. In addition, we offer good conditions:
- A full-time position (after a short trial period), with a corresponding salary.
- A contract for a year that may become a permanent contract.
- Reimbursement of transport costs.
- A 40-hour workweek, working from 07:00 to 16:00 including breaks.
- On Fridays you work from 07:00 to 14:45.
- The right PPE, so that you can work safely.
Within our team, we all have one thing in common: a passion for shipbuilding. We love to build beautiful things, work hard, and we have a no-nonsense mentality. This is also what we’re looking for in our new colleagues.
In addition, we expect you to be able to work with a certain degree of independence, but to also possess good teamwork skills. In other words: you can take care of yourself, but you also like to work with colleagues and have good communication skills. You take your job seriously, contribute, and you speak up when you think something’s wrong. We also hope you’ll approach your job flexibly: sometimes, it might be necessary to stay a bit longer to get a job done. But in return, we also don’t mind if you have to sometimes leave early: we wouldn’t want you to miss seeing your child in their school play. Or maybe you have to take your dog to the vet. And what else?
- You have your own transport, or you can use public transport to get to Franeker
- You have a diploma in shipbuilding (equivalent to Dutch MBO, level 3 or 4)
- You possess the right welding diplomas.
- The ability to read designs is a plus.
- As is having your VCA certificate (Safety, Health and Environment). If you don’t have it, there are always possibilities to obtain it through us.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an ironworker in the maritime industry would be a big advantage.